Thursday 20 February 2014

Mastering Wing Chun by Sifu Tony Massengill

"Having been on the street as a Police Officer and then again as a Paramedic, I have been involved in violence for a long time. I have dealt with both bad guys and victims. I understand the psychology of the predator and have had to engagesome physically in the real world. This has allowed me to move beyond what is mere theory for many martial art instructors. I know what a REAL fight is and what happens therein. This allows me to focus what I teach on practical application of Wing Chun. The things I learned as a Police Officer have been truly invaluable to my career as a martial arts instructor."
-- Spread of our interview with Sifu Tony Massengill's from the upcoming Issue No. 16. New issue on sale February 21.
Wing Chun Illustrated (WCI) is the world’s only magazine dedicated to Wing Chun, regardless of lineage or style. Published six times a year, each 60-page, full-colour issue features articles by and about the world’s greatest exponents of the art. WCI is available in various formats: Print (ships worldwide), iOS, Kindle Fire, and Desktop. For more details, please refer to: