Wednesday 28 May 2014

Wing Chun Illustrated Magazine Issue No.18 - Which Style of Wing Chun do you do?

"Whilst encouraging me to adapt and personalise Wing Chun applications and the deployment of the tools from the forms to suit me and the situations I may find myself in, Sifu was equally insistent that I should practise and teach the forms, structures and techniques in exactly the same as he taught me. The point being that despite the necessity to develop Wing Chun to work for yourself as an individual, there is no need to change Wing Chun as it isn’t a systematic and fixed process of movements, but more a collection of tools and principles that allow for personal exploration—the starting point and journey to learn the tools, concepts and principles of Wing Chun should be the same for my students as it was for myself; no reinventing the wheel!"
-- Spread of Sifu Shaun Rawcliffe's article from the upcoming Issue No. 18. New issue on sale June 20.
Wing Chun Illustrated (WCI) is the world’s only magazine dedicated to Wing Chun, regardless of lineage or style. Published six times a year, each 60-page, full-colour issue features articles by and about the world’s greatest exponents of the art. WCI is available in various formats: Print (ships worldwide), iOS, Kindle Fire, and Desktop. For more details, please refer to: